Monday, January 28, 2013

Work

Why is it that when you try your hardest at work, it always seems to go unnoticed, yet the new kid always gets the recognition that you should deserve?! I have been at my job for three years now, and I feel this way allll the time.  Even days that I KNOW I worked my butt off, I never even get a "thank you" at the end of my shift.  Why is it that people tend to only pay attention to the new person? It's not like they did anything special...and here I am over here with people asking me if I am a manager because I know my stuff.  I guess the world truly is unfair.  But at the same time, it is all about how you view  yourself.  People in this world are always gonna knock you down and tell you that you can't.  I think the best thing to do is say screw em, because you know what you are capable of.  I KNOW that I am better and more capable than what my managers think.  And yes, this may sound cocky, but please know that I don't mean it in that way.  I say this because I believe in myself and I know that I am meant for bigger, better things in life than becoming a manager/supervisor at a retail store.  So for now, I guess I just have to be thankful that I have a job during these tough times.  But I know that I will soar someday :).

No comments:

Post a Comment