Sunday, January 27, 2013

Texting

Soooo tonight I was at my friends house and she was telling me about this new guy she met at work.  Sure enough, as we are sitting there he texts her saying hi.  Then, we literally spent twenty minutes arguing over what she should say back.  I'm sure pretty much any girl who owns a phone and has started talking to a guy she likes has experienced this at least once.  It is crazy how texting has opened a whoooole different set of rules for talking! For example, if you put too many exclamations, you come off as needy.  If you text back too soon? Too eager and he loses interest. What about too many periods?   You come off as mad. So basically, it becomes a problem! One of my biggest pet peeves is when you send someone a text and their only reply is "ya" or "k."  Like, as if we don't already go crazy over what to say to you guys, you send us this and make us feel like a nuisance. But oh well, I guess we can never win.  Anyone else experience this?

No comments:

Post a Comment