January 22, 2013
A good friend recently told me that I should not try to fit in with the crowd because I am not meant to fit in. Although that is all well and good, it is a tad bit scary because generally we all just want to be accepted. I think that from where I stand today, looking back on everything that I have been through in my life thus far, I am willing for the challenge to "be myself," and I refuse to let others pass judgment on who I am and who I want to become. I believe that this is an important message to everyone, because all too often, I find that people, no matter what age, are afraid to really shine and be who they really want to be. My purpose for this blog is to hopefully show others not only my story and what is to come, but to help others see the light as well. I think that even though we are our own best friends, we are also our own worst enemies, and sometimes we just need a friend to say that things will be okay. We just need to remind ourselves that we are not alone and even though things seem tough at times, it will be okay :).
No comments:
Post a Comment